Guaranteed Last Mile Reimbursement
The Guaranteed Last Mile (GLM) Program will reimburse commuters up to $15 for the cost of alternative transportation when an MVgo shuttle is 15+ minutes late. Commuters may use any form of transportation as their “last- or first-mile” connection to and/or from the Mountain View Transit Center or the San Antonio Caltrain station and another MVgo shuttle stop location.
To qualify for GLM reimbursement, complete the Reimbursement Form within 30 days from the date of the trip.
- Trips must start or end at Mountain View Transit Center or San Antonio Caltrain Station and another MVgo shuttle stop location.
- Trips must be during the MVgo shuttle service period from 6:30AM-10:30AM and 3:00PM and 7:30PM on weekdays.
- Trips are only eligible for reimbursement when an MVgo shuttle departs more than 2 minutes early or is more than 15 minutes late from its scheduled departure time.
- Proof of date and time of trip and trip cost must be provided.
Reimbursements will be issued to commuters via Venmo. Commuters must have an existing Venmo account or create a new Venmo account in order to receive the reimbursement.
For questions related to this program or for reimbursement assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MVgo reserves the right to modify the Program Rules, including participation requirements, eligibility and reimbursement criteria at any time and for any reason.
Do you take public transit to work and need an easier way to get around during the day? Take advantage of MVgo’s Mid-Day Mobility Program, which offers reimbursements of up to $15 for Uber, Lyft or taxi rides starting or ending in Mountain View between 10AM and 3PM.
To qualify for the Mid-day Mobility Program, complete the Reimbursement Form within 30 days from the date of the trip.
- Trips must occur between 10AM and 3PM on weekdays.
- Trips must start or end in Mountain View and must occur within the Mid-Day Mobility program area (Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Los Altos, Palo Alto).
- The Reimbursement Form must include proof of the date and time of the trip, trip cost, and be submitted within 30 days from the date of the trip.
- Limit of 10 total trips per month (5 round trips).
VTA Guaranteed Ride Home
VTA offers a Guaranteed Ride Home for qualified emergencies. If you pre-registered and took public transportation or another sustainable mode of transportation to work or school in Santa Clara County, you can receive reimbursement on your trip home in the event of an emergency. Visit VTA’s GRH page for more information on the program.
Save time and money by sharing a ride with neighboring commuters!
Merge is a FREE ridematching service provided by 511.org and is intended to form ongoing commuter carpools. Join 1,000s of other Bay Area commuters looking to share rides to work and earn points and rewards through the Merge ridematching platform. Learn more about Merge by checking out the FAQs then register here.
50% off All Bay Area Transit
The Clipper START pilot program offers single-ride discounts to eligible riders on multiple transit systems around the Bay Area. Participants receive a 50% discount on Bay Area Transit agencies.
To qualify, you must…
- Be a resident of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Be 19-64 years old
- Not have an RTC Clipper Card for people with disabilities
- Have a household income of 200% of the federal poverty level or less