Effective July 15, 2020, MVgo is offering a flat rate subsidy of $5 for all commuters living in and commuting to Mountain View. All trips within 10 miles are fully subsidized and are of no cost to riders.
To receive the carpool discount, riders must join the MVgo Group on the Waze Carpool app. Eligible trips must START or END in the city of Mountain View.
*Rider costs are subject to change at the discretion of the Mountain View TMA
Precautions Waze is suggesting in response to COVID-19:
- Limiting carpools to one rider and one driver
- Face coverings
- Opening windows
- Messaging prior to ride
We recommend all riders and drivers follow health and safety guidelines on travel provided by local authorities. The CDC and the Association for Commuter Transportation have issued guidance on how to reduce risk on your commute.
For carpooling they suggest limiting the number of people in your carpool to two, wearing face coverings, and increasing ventilation in vehicles by keeping windows open.
Additionally, we suggest riders and drivers message each other before carpools to agree on the precautions they will take and to ensure they both will feel safe.
To get started, click this link from your phone: bit.ly/MVGoCarpool
- Download Waze (for Drivers) and/or Waze Carpool (for Riders) on your phone and create an account.
- Register using your personal email but verify your work email when prompted to find coworkers.
- Enter your home/work route and commute schedule. Don’t worry, you can flexibly edit this each day.
- Make sure that you’ve joined the MVgo Carpool Group to unlock special incentives. Find your Groups under settings.
- Review your matches and start sending requests! Send multiple requests early on for best results.